Type: Herbal Tea
Description: China's most popular herbal tea made from wild jujube fruits from Ning Xia. The jujubes are dried while fresh and afterwards cut in slices with an optimal thickness for a perfect & healthy infusion.
Jujubes – also sometimes referred to as 'Chinese dates' – are small, reddish-brown fruits that has the appearance of berries. Originating in China, the fruit can be consumed dried, fresh, cooked, or in beverage form. It is labelled by the Chinese as ‘the king of nuts’ for their super nutritional value. Dried Chinese red dates are soft and moist with a sweet smell. Heralded as a superfood, red dates are often brewed herbal tonics. Local Chinese kitchens frequently use red dates to cook with porridge, soups, desserts and even decorate buns.
Jujubes have been eaten for 1,000’s of years for these health benefits:
* soothe the stomach
* ease sore throats and colds
* helps ease achy muscles
* suppress the appetite
* support cardiovascular health
* enhance metabolism
* cleanse the blood vessels
* eliminate oxidative stress in the liver
* improve constipation as a mild laxative
* detoxify the liver and kidneys
* create a sense of well-being when feeling restless or irritable
* reduce anxiety
* alleviate insomnia and help promote a more restful sleep
* increase energy and stamina
* help build stronger muscles
* aid in digestion
* improve skin color and tone
* increases the activation of choline acetyltransferase and improves cognitive impairment disorder such as Alzheimer’s
If you think your daily intake of grapes and apples are good sources of Vitamin C, think again. Chinese red dates have 70x to 80x higher levels of Vitamin C! Red dates also contain loads of Vitamin A, B1, B2, protein, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. This makes them great for people suffering and recovering from serious health conditions. In particular, red dates help to stimulate the production of white blood cells – which improves immunity and protects the liver. In all ancient traditional Chinese herbal text books, red dates are always mentioned for strengthening the spleen and stomach Qi (energy) – which in turns helps to digest food, tonify blood and tranquilize the mind.
Renown for enriching and replenishing blood, many Chinese women eat red dates during their special time of the month. But that is not the only draw for ladies – red dates have also been labeled as the herbal elixir of life as people claimed it guarantees youthful looking skin. For women who are trying to conceive, some swear by red dates! Apparently, drinking red dates regularly for a few months can help to re-balance the body’s Qi and blood deficiency. This allows for period regularity and higher chance for pregnancy!
1. Rinse the dates. Boil 1 cup of water. When the water is boiled, add the dates and water into a cup. Let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add honey and stir well.
You can also add slices of ginger or Goji to your drink.