Marukyu Koyamen have been producing the highest quality green teas since the 1600s and have a reputation for excellence in teas that has to be savoured to be believed! Aoarashi, tranlated "Green Storm", is an excellent choice of quality and value for matcha tea drinker. This is a Usucha great for beginners.
Matcha can be drunk as tea or used in cooking:
• Usucha, or thin tea, is prepared with 1.75g of matcha and 75ml of hot water. Use a bamboo whisk to create froth as desired.
• Koicha, or thick tea used in the Tea Ceremony, is prepared with 3.75g of matcha and 40ml of hot water, stir rather than whisk.
• Use to make matcha lattes, milkshakes, smoothies or iced tea.
• Add to baking recipes, such as matcha cookies, brownies, cupcakes, bread and ice-cream.
• Mix with salt as a traditional dipping seasoning for tempura.