Description: A rare and exotic Chinese black tea from the Congou region. Scented with the essence of Lychee, a wonderfully succulent and aromatic fruit. Lichee tea is made by combining fine China black tea with juice of fresh lichee, which adds an amazing fragrance and and natural sweetness.
To make iced Lichee tea,
1. Place the sugar and half the water in a 2-quart serving jug and stir to dissolve the sugar, then chill.
2. Bring the remaining water to boil in a nonreactive pot.
3. Remove the water from the heat as soon as it boils and add the tea.
4. Cover and steep for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Strain the hot tea into the sugared water.
6. Add lemon slices or mint sprigs if desired, or place them in serving glasses as a garnish.
7. Fill serving glasses with ice and pour the tea in them to serve.
Fresh tea makes the best iced tea, so don't refrigerate it for days after you make it. Make it and drink it. Adjust sugar or sweetener to personal taste if used. Thoroughly chill the tea before serving. If you add ice, use cubes, not chips.