Type: Green Tea
Manufacturer: Marukyu Koyamaen
Net Weight: 20g
Description: Marukyu Koyamen have been producing the highest quality green teas since the 1600s and have a reputation for excellence in teas that has to be savoured to be believed! Unkaku, tranlated "Cranes Flying, White Clouds" is our entry grade ceremonial koicha matcha. Cranes are a sacred animal in Japan. Cranes represent strength, long life, good luck, and fidelity. Drinking Unkaku will give you strength like a crane flying high and peacefully through the sky. As a koicha matcha, Unkaku exceeds the quality of all usucha matchas and best for making “thick tea”.
This ia a creamy, sweet and mellow matca. While whisking, the aroma is complex and delightful. Its multilayered with so much umami and a long lingering aftertaste. It has absolutely no bitterness. The consistency is thick and creamy when whisked properly. Even as usucha it still had a full-bodied consistency.
Matcha can be drunk as tea or used in cooking:
• Usucha, or thin tea, is prepared with 1.75g of matcha and 75ml of hot water. Use a bamboo whisk to create froth as desired.
• Koicha, or thick tea used in the Tea Ceremony, is prepared with 3.75g of matcha and 40ml of hot water, stir rather than whisk.
• Use to make matcha lattes, milkshakes, smoothies or iced tea.
• Add to baking recipes, such as matcha cookies, brownies, cupcakes, bread and ice-cream.
• Mix with salt as a traditional dipping seasoning for tempura.