Bamboo charcoal is made up from pieces of bamboo, which are taken from plants five years or older, and burned inside an oven at temperatures over 800° C. Bamboo charcoal is an environmentally functional material which has excellent absorption properties.
Bamboo material has extraordinary micro-structure: it produces high absorptive capacity after carbonization, and becomes more effective after activation. Bamboo charcoal can be used for purifying water, eliminating organic impurity substances and smells. Drinking water sterilized with chlorine is to be treated with bamboo charcoal to remove the residue chlorine and chlorides.
- Put it in the water when you are making water for tea or cooking rice. The charcoal will absorb any chlorine, chemicals or odors from the water so the water get mellow and rice tastes better. Minerals from the bamboo charcoal will be diluted into the water and absorbed into the rice making the rice more nutritious.
- Put pieces of bamboo charcoal on the top of your television, computer and other home electronic devices. Bamboo charcoal has wonderful electromagnetic shielding benefits.
- Place some in your refrigerator for odor absorption. An extra piece in the vegetable bin will absorb ethylene gas and keep fruits and vegetables fresher, crisper and better tasting for longer.
- Soak some in a pitcher of water for four to five hours to purify your drinking water. Bamboo charcoal works as an antibacterial and an anti fungal removing harmful things from your water and improving the smell and taste.
- Drop a piece or two into your fish tank to keep the water clean for longer periods of time and the fish healthier.
- Keep some in your closets and drawers to keep clothes and shoes dry and smelling fresh.
- Bamboo charcoal can remove dampness, odors and poisonous gas of the bed, keep the air fresh inside the bed to give you a perfect and comfortable sleep.
- Relax in a hot bath with bamboo charcoal in your tub. The minerals will absorb into your bath water and into your skin. Bamboo charcoal keeps skin soft, joints pain free and helps with circulation.
Each pack includes 6 slices. Each filter lasts 60 uses. These charcoal filter cartridges remove up to 82% of the chlorine and other impurities found in tap water, improving the taste of the water and ultimately the taste of your tea or coffee. This type of charcoal is to be used as water purification purpose only, not as fuel.