Records also show ancient Egyptians consumed lotus flowers soaked in wine to enjoy the sacred flower’s mood enhancing properties. Modern science has discovered that these effects result from positive mood affecting alkaloids unique to the plant.
There are many health benefits reported from drinking sacred lotus flower tea. These include;
* lowering cholesterol by blocking the absorption of fats
* lowering blood sugar levels
* an anti-inflammatory
* reducing blood flow for women who have heavy periods
* high vitamin B which improves fertility, vitality and moods
* vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant
Other health benefits of sacred lotus flowers besides making a tea include its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Rubbing lotus leaves into infected area have been shown to kill the fungus that cause ringworm and athletes foot.
Drinking a cup of sacred lotus flower tea a day is not only an relaxing, mood enhancing experience to share but also a healthy part of your well being and should be a part of a positive lifestyle.
30g each tin, includes 12-14 blooms.